Students who have been accepted at NCC (and their parents) for the Fall 2013 semester and recently graduated high school will select and register for their courses at Orientation. The Orientation program is designed to prepare new students for their first college semester by introducing them to the college experience.
Why should students attend orientation?
At NCC, we strongly encourage all new students to take advantage of Orientation. Attending is the first step toward a successful academic experience at NCC. During Orientation, students will be introduced to the following:
- Support services available to all students
- Career and transfer opportunities
- Faculty who will teach in their program
- Requirements for specific programs/majors
- Advisors who will help students select their Fall schedule of classes
Is it working?
Surveys from past Orientations show that both students and parents are pleased and impressed with the overall orientation at the Main and the Monroe Campuses.
- 99% of students said they have a good understanding of what will be expected of them as a student
- 93% said they have a good understanding of the program requirements
- 97% said they have a good understanding of support services available
Students who complete orientation
When students complete Orientation at NCC, they are better informed, prepared, and equipped with the right tools to begin college and become academically successful! Students should leave orientation feeling confident that they are:
- Informed about class locations, service locations, and what’s expected of them as an NCC student
- Prepared to begin their first semester of College
- Equipped to map out a successful journey
How to prepare for Orientation and course registration
- RSVP online for your Orientation day by filling out the form below.
Refer to the orientation dates grid to determine the days that your major orientation will be held at the campus you wish to attend. When majors are offered on multiple days, choose the date that works best for you. Plan to attend orientation at the campus (Main or Monroe) where you anticipate taking most of your courses.
- Send your PSSA and/or SAT scores to the NCC Admissions Office
Students who have high enough scores on the PSSA and/or SAT may not need to take the English and/or math placement tests. Click here for more information on English and math placement test information.
- Take the English and math placement tests, if necessary, before Orientation
Students who are not placed in English or math based on PSSA and/or SAT scores must complete placement testing prior to orientation. Please read the English and math placement test information to determine if you need testing and for a placement testing schedule at the Main and Monroe campuses.
- Attend Orientation
Arrive for Orientation between 12:00 and 12:30 on your scheduled date. Check-in at the Student Enrollment Center if your Orientation is at the Main Campus and at Student Enrollment Office inside the main entrance if your Orientation is at the Monroe Campus. The orientation program will run approximately to 4:30 PM
Please Submit Form in order to attend Orientation!
* indicates required field
For more information email email@example.com